Cyprus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyprus

Post by thriftycrafter on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:04

Well I think these qualify as LO's, it's the new system with all the pockets. I'm not converted for general scrapping but for speed and getting lots of pics scrapped it's good. Probably even quicker if you use the papers they sell for the purpose too.
Bad points, trying to fit the pics that go together in the shaped slots for the page, if you're marvelous you could plan to have them printed the right orientation and size, er, I'm not that organised. Also photographing them is not great as you will see and my scanner is A4 so that's a no go. But I've got these done in a couple of evenings and an afternoon, so that's good. Probably back to the photobook next year though, more stressful than this but cheaper and possibly more user friendly.

Last edited by thriftycrafter on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:20; edited 2 times in total

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10506
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Cyprus

Post by thriftycrafter on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:10

Hmm, got that wrong haven't I, oops, think I've sorted it now

It's a pity this one of walking on/in Troodos doesn't show clearly as I like this one, I used some of the bark shown in the pics.

Well that's the quickest I think I've scrapped 151 photo's!

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:49

Ah, now is this the 'project life' stuff my friend Chrissie was telling me about the other day, or a different system? I could be tempted to have a go alongside traditional scrapping, simply as a means to get more pics scrapped. That said, it seemed like quite a bit of money to shell out for the pockets and albums?

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date Laughing

Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 7328
Registration date : 2009-02-19

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/bearhousebeads

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 21:35

Jeez, you've got a lot of pics done. These are great for that, way too many for normal scrapbooking. I like them Karelyn.
I'm debating whether to get some for a couple of layouts, but not sure. I'd be punching my own holes though, not buying an album.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Bags to Bling on Etsy
My Blog
My Tutorials
My Photography

Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16017
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.lrdesigns.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 8:26

i bought some at last crop and took some away last weekend , i know just what you mean about the photo organisation and think its a lot of faff but it is a great way of putting lots of pics on one page ,i like it and i dont , i think its cheating at scrapbooking though. yes tina it is the project life stuff . im going to mix it in with my albums .not sure if the pages are the correct size as all my sleeves i allready have but i dont care .

kimb

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 8:27

looks as if you saw many places but cant really see a lot of the photos themselves .

kimb

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Di Masters on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 9:26

Looks like a good way to store a lot of pictures, much nicer than storing them in a box.

Smile, and make everybody wonder what you've been up to.

Di Masters
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 12410

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 9:40

I've got those - they're called photograph albums, lol!

Lynda

Young at heart (other parts slightly older)

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9596

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 12:31

Not quite Lynda, but nearly, photograph albums just slot average sized pics in, these have little pockets too, also photo albums just sit on the shelf waiting to be filled in this house ;) I wouldn't bother journalling in a photo album either. (I think you can get photo pages like this but they're majorly expensive, and I don't think would take anything vaguely lumpy)

These are the Kaiserkraft pages, (7.99 for 10, buy 3 get one free). I also have a set of photo freedom ones which have the papers with them, to do my Hadrian's wall pics with, I got it at the retreat. Same sort of thing as PL.

I was pleased to have used a lot of the tickets and tat that I always bring back from hols and mostly don't use.
They do fit standard ring bound albums, and I expect post bound too. I didn't buy a special album.

Lorraine, I've often thought about stitching 'regular' pockets to make my own apertures to suit the size, and I might actually try that now. I did slit through some of the pockets to fit brochures or larger pics in as I wanted them on that particular page.

I think you're right Ruth, it is cheating, (and doesn't look as nice at all) but not as much as a photobook, which would have been my other alternative. It wasn't a chore though, which it would have been if I'd scrapped, well, I never would have scrapped, that many pics.
Some of my better pics are on the thread Kim, but I had so many I didn't put any from the other camera on there.

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 8:51

Yes I have several friends that do this style all the time now, since theyve had babies and just cant keep up with it all. Both friends are cross that you cant claim any points for it on UKS (where they think its cheating) and it is hard to photograph them, I cant see many of yours as well as Id like Karelyn. HOWEVER, its a lot better than them languishing in a box or on the computer for months/years because theres too many of them and you cant face the huge task. After all, how many of us have the space (never mind the time and money) to make almost a whole album from every holiday or event we have? Personally I have about 20 stoupa photos printed, and that was scaled down from about 80, but I can reasonably only get 2 or so on a page and I dont want 10 layouts of the same thing... I can see why this has caught on.

I think it serves a purpose here, and you can always take 1 or 2 of the special photos and do a conventional page with those and put them in the same book.

shaken and stirred but still standing (most of the time)

Maria
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 8776
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.lesarbres.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 9:19

Maria wrote:
I think it serves a purpose here, and you can always take 1 or 2 of the special photos and do a conventional page with those and put them in the same book.
That's what Chrissie said; do one or two traditional LO's then these can sit alongside. Sounds like the only way I will ever get a reasonable number of pics in albums to be honest; I have been scrapping for years but just get further and further behind.

Will investigate the Kaisercraft set, might well be a bit cheaper than Becky Higgins.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

No, I'm not putting my 'to do' list here, that would be far to organised, PLUS I would have to keep it up to date Laughing

Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by WeirdCat on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 9:25

I have used these types of pages in my New York album that I still need to finish, I'll probably use it for my kitchen layout pages so I can have one before 12x12 and one after 12x12 and the pics in between rather than trying to squish things on one page. Yes you can add hidden photos to a page but that makes them thicker which then disrupts other pages. Mind you my NY photos were all printed 4x6 so I haven't had to mess with anything, it's the first time I used original pics but I have copies on the computer.

Ruth

My Blog: http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

WeirdCat

Number of posts : 9971

http://weirdcatcardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrap Monkey on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:18

Interestingly, found some Kaisercraft pages, and compared them with the Project Life ones; if you're prepared to buy 30 worth of mixed page protectors, the PL ones are about half the price of the Kaisercraft ones. Not that I currently have 30 spare, but at least I have a potential item for my c*****as wishlist.

Tina
My Beads on Etsy

Scrap Monkey
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo on Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:28

Lol, I was thinking the same as Lynda. Look super anyway, maybe I will need some after this w/e.

gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 3338
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: