YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 13:21

I started the "You've Been Boo-ed" on my street I had so much fun..I made 5 baskets and went doorbell ringing (haven't done that since I was probably 8 years old)
I almost got caught by the next door neighbor ...as I was coming out the front door with my son in law and grand daughter she was discovering her goodies on her front porch...my son in law thought fast and said tell her you got one too...so now she has no clue where it came from lol

if you would like to start You've Been Boo-ed the website is www.beenbooed.com

Have fun and Happy Halloween

Back to top Go down

Re: YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED

Post by Lorraine on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 13:32

What a great idea Jodi and I love your baskets.

Hope you had a good birthday. We did all say Happy Birthday to you. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Bags to Bling on Etsy
My Blog
My Tutorials
My Photography

Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16019
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.lrdesigns.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 13:36

Lorraine wrote:What a great idea Jodi and I love your baskets.

Hope you had a good birthday. We did all say Happy Birthday to you. Mr Green

oh thank you everyone...I'm sorry I haven't been myself lately my brothers health isn't good right now and I've been seriously depressed and had to do this boo thing to bring myself out of a funk

I do appreciate the birthday greetings Jodi

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:00

You always seem so much more neighbourly over there, Jodi: what a great idea!

Sorry to hear about your brother, and the effect it's having on you - don't forget you can always come on here if you need some love and hugs to get you through: we have a special thread called "Need Some Emotional Support". I just used it myself.

Lynda

Young at heart (other parts slightly older)

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:05

lyndaejane wrote:You always seem so much more neighbourly over there, Jodi: what a great idea!

Sorry to hear about your brother, and the effect it's having on you - don't forget you can always come on here if you need some love and hugs to get you through: we have a special thread called "Need Some Emotional Support". I just used it myself.

Lynda

thank you I will go to the thread...my brother just recently found out he has lung cancer that has spread to his brain...and he's not doing to well...and he's my big brother and its tearing me up inside badly...........

Jodi

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:19

Oh, Jodi: I can well see how bad you must feel. I just heard last weekend from my best friend of 45 years that she has been diagnosed with kidney cancer, and that has spread to her liver and lung. You will find everyone here is so supportive at times like this, even though you haven't met them.

Lynda

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:24

Sending big hugs Jodi. That is so sad. As Lynda said, we're always here if you need a shoulder.

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Bags to Bling on Etsy
My Blog
My Tutorials
My Photography

Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16019
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.lrdesigns.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:59

thank you all......its hard because he's a very private person and we are only to tell family members and no one is talking to each other or trying to comfort each other this thing has changed us all and its very difficult to deal with

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 15:35

Love the baskets Jodi, what a lovely idea, and that it has helped you to come out of the dark space you have been in.
HUGs for you and your brother, I do so hope the family start to talk soon or they will all regret it if its left to late.

Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5876

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 20:43

(((((((BIG HUGS))))))) to you both Jodie, try and get your family to talk, it does help, and as has been said we are all here.

supergran
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6675
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 21:30

Hug Jodi!!!

And the baskets are awesome Mr Green

Dragon Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 23:29

I love the idea of being booed,it sounds so much fun. I am sorry to hear about your brother, a difficult time for you all.

gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 3341
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 19:50

A nice idea, a pity it's to do with halloween, I thought it was for thanksgiving when I saw the scarecrows, they are cute, what a nice surprise for the neighbours (I think; are they nice sweets or nasty ones?)

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10509

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 9:16

Ah, but halloween is a much friendlier festival over in the US, Karelyn. Not sure how we've hijacked it to be such a resented one over here.

Lynda

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 13:03

I learn something new everytime I come here....
here in the States Halloween is a fun "holiday" people really go all out decorating their yards (AS MUCH AS ONE WOULD FOR CHRISTMAS)and getting all into the haunted "spirit" people tend to get really serious about how they are going to dress up...
all the little kids out trick or treating its great to see them creeping up to your front door to yell "TRICK OR TREAT" some people like to dress and try to be still as if part of the scene and when the kids step up they jump out and scare them (pretty funny)
the treats in the bucket are tootsie rolls and dots and tootsie roll suckers for the kids and the scarecrow was for "mom" (tootsie roll=chocolate taffy... not sure if you have them or not)

all in all Halloween is just fun for all with pumpkin carving and hayrides and haunted houses trick or treating and just being boo-ish

Jodi Barber

Back to top Go down

Post by kt_dragonfly on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 15:07

With my mum being american I adores Halloween (as everyone here will tell ya Mr Green I've made some halloween cards which are up here or have a look on my blog) and I love tootsie rolls! Mr Green

Dragon Dragon

My Blog ~ http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

kt_dragonfly
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5655

http://ktdragonfly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 17:00

I have mixed feelings about it all. I enjoyed many a party as a child in a witches outfit or dressed as a ghost, then the trick or treating came in and it all became a bit nasty and as you get older you realise the sinister side of it all. I'm all for people having fun, but don't like it when they scare people especially older ones and throw eggs and scratch cars etc.
This seems like a nice idea, wondering if I could do something like it for my neighbour who we don't see often but I think has had nurses visitng regularly, don't like to go and knock on the door and ask how she is, but I could do a knock down ginger and leave something. Lots of other names for this I know. DD's latest is ding dong dash.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10509

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndaejane on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 19:07

You're right, Karelyn - and I don't think Jodi would believe how it is over here. I'm sure there are some villages and communities here where it's celebrated like in the US, with the little ones coming round dressed up and knocking on doors for trick or treat. But the majority of towns have problems with older kids knocking on doors purely to ask for money. If they don't get an answer, they're likely to take it out on the householder and, as Karelyn said, throw eggs at your house or car or do other anti-social things.

Nice idea about your neighbour, though.

Lynda

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 13:22

thriftycrafter wrote:I have mixed feelings about it all. I enjoyed many a party as a child in a witches outfit or dressed as a ghost, then the trick or treating came in and it all became a bit nasty and as you get older you realise the sinister side of it all. I'm all for people having fun, but don't like it when they scare people especially older ones and throw eggs and scratch cars etc.
This seems like a nice idea, wondering if I could do something like it for my neighbour who we don't see often but I think has had nurses visitng regularly, don't like to go and knock on the door and ask how she is, but I could do a knock down ginger and leave something. Lots of other names for this I know. DD's latest is ding dong dash.

AHHH... here in the states the night before halloween is called "Devils Night" its not a real day per se......its called that because thats the night that people go and do those nasty things you mentioned...they also go so far as to burn down peoples houses...its not welcomed believe me and we have a system here called "Angels Night" volunteers from all communitys acrossed the whole country that drive through the neighborhoods and report to police anything suspicious going on...and they have a flashing security light on top of their cars so you know they are there...and believe me there are alot of them and anyone can volunteer just by going into their local police station and they are equipped with the light and information on how to report activities....

Jodi

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerjo on Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 23:35

AS a child we didn't really do Halloween but used to do Mischief Night on 4th November. That was knocking and doors and running away, taking gates off etc.

gingerjo
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 3341
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: