Jotter Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jotter Block

Post by lyndaejane on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 15:37

These are always useful by the telephone: by jotter block, I mean those little open-top boxes with square sheets of paper in that you can jot down notes on.

Use an old jotter block box that you have emptied, or make a new one. To make a new one, see if you can find a packet or box from something in the larder that you can cut down to about 1.5 to 2 inches high, remembering to cut a piece out of the front section so there is somewhere where the paper sheets can be gripped. Strengthen the box by gluing thicker card pieces around the outside (or inside, if you need to cover up any print or illustrations). Then cover the box, whether old or new, with some paper from your stash - or even leftover giftwrap.

Work out the size of papers you will need to fill the box and make a note. Then, every time you have any paper to throw out, see if you can cut jotter papers from it. You can either go totally recycled and cut up any piece of paper which is plain on one side, no matter what is on the other side, or you can be more selective. Envelopes are a good bet - particularly the A4-size ones - and check for any business letters or junk mail that might have an area of unprinted paper. Sometimes the inserts from birthday cards will provide a couple of sheets. If you print something off to use in crafts and there is just a small empty section at the bottom (if there is a larger area, don't forget it could be used as a card insert), see if that will give you some sheets.

It may take a while to fill the block, but it will make a nice gift for someone with a birthday later in the year - or for that other celebration that we don't talk about!

Lynda

Young at heart (other parts slightly older)

lyndaejane
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 9594
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Jotter Block

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 16:39

Excellent tip Lynda - thanks very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 18:59

I was given a nice new one for Christmas and will do this when it's empty.
I have a little one by my bed for those annoying things you think of during the night and worry that you'll forget before morning, I fill that with scrap paper.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10506

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 19:40

Thanks for this Lynda, great idea.

Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5872

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 19:49

good idea... mine is almost empty ,good use of all the cards we throw away after christmas .too late for mine though they went in the bin a few days ago

kimb

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 20:29

This is great, i will copy and paste it...but it also remoded me that i have a metal case with a small pen and inside really small paper pad to jot down numbers etc. I have run out of paper, so i must get to following the instructions and making a refill. I keep it in my handbag all the time..so it would be more useful with paper...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Jan 2011 - 20:58

kimb wrote:good idea... mine is almost empty ,good use of all the cards we throw away after christmas .too late for mine though they went in the bin a few days ago

EEEEEEkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - I never throw cards away - they are made into
postcards or tags. The backing card is used for any packing etc.
Except handcrafted ones - they go into my Cannybox.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 0:22

i dont normally throw them away either i cut them up to use as shopping lists and they ussually last all year long but now i no longer have my little herb drawers that i kept them in ,i threw them away ,i just know i will regret it .

kimb

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 1:12

Excellent. Cheers, Lynda.

Reminds me of something I was going to do a while ago and post up about. I'll get to it. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Bags to Bling on Etsy
My Blog
My Tutorials
My Photography

Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16016
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.lrdesigns.me.uk/

Back to top Go down