You Are My (address book)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Are My (address book)

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 12:39

Back to top Go down

Re: You Are My (address book)

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 13:24

glad you are showing this off, glad its ladies of the Knight, and not of the night...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 15:00

Love it Nona.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 15:57

That's fab Nona, you always come up with lovely ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 16:12

Here's what it's all about. Remember last year when Orthoscrub wanted to do an address book where we would all make pages for each other, well because it fell through I made this one for myself. I didn't realise that we have so many people on this forum and it was a long job.
It was a bit of luck that when I got my 'TWICHIES' back for re-doing I started to put them into a book. They were too fat when finished, so I ripped them all off but kept the template (in blue in photo) for this addess book.
My Beer Mat 'TWINCHIES' then became an A4 triptych.
Beer mats were also too thick for this address book but the right size, which is 9cms or 3.1/2 inches square.
The (green in photo) pocket I made from an old CD holder which is where I keep my template and spare black pages in.

The white inner pages are an A4 paper. 1 sheet makes three finished inner pages. Designed to be able to use a PC.
The 2 rings were 1.1/2 inch or 37 cms rings and I think they take the measure from the inside of them.

. . . . . . HOW TO. . . . .

1-Cut sufficientsquare pages from card (your own chosen colour). 9cms or 3.1/22" inches square
2-Print info on A4 for 3 pages first. Use normal paper.
3-Cut each page 8.5cms deep. (this is slightly narrower than the coloured card)
4-Fold each page in half.
4-Make a template (as on photo above) before punching any holes.
5-Attach black card to front edge of folded inner. (you should have a margin of 1.9cms or 15/16"ths on the lefthand side)
6-Glue or DS tape the centre of the inner pages together. Margin width only. (this makes a good firm edge to punch your book holes)

The Cover Size is 11.5cms x 9.7cms or 4.1/2" x 3.3/4" inches
7-Cut 2 covers of stronger card.
8-Use your template to mark the holes (with pencil) then start punching.

Just by a fluke this happens to be a super 'flick' book and you can read all the info very quickly by holding the book in your right hand
and flikking from the back with your left thumb.
I am going to make another one of these just for the bussiness cards I have and can never find when I need to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 17:35

super instructions...

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sat 18 Apr 2009 - 18:17

great idea nona , i have all details in a note book ,its well scruffy now i use it lots , maybe i should do this

kimb

Number of posts : 13216
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:03

Well Teabag, just in case the measurements are wrong..or you need more practice, you could make a spare, then i might just test drive it for you... Crying Laughin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:09

Love this Nona, great idea and thanks for the how to. Fab front cover.

Scatty
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 5872

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:45

This is great Nona. I am in the process of making one - I started it before I went into
hospital, but it's not as posh as this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:57

Thanks for your comments girls.
Now I have to think of an appropriate 'thingy' to put on the front of all the front black pages.
Guess what'll be going on Goatys front page?
I know what I'll put on Kt's that was easy to think of but I will have to keep them to just paper so as not to make my address book too thick.
If you look at the top photo you can just see what I have glued on Mrsfeefees. ALPHA-2H...ATC swap
I thought about nicking the Avatars but people change the regularly.

Steph it is not posh as I printed all my info out rather then writing it.
. . . . .Posh would be hand written. (I haven't got time nor patience)
Also it is so easy to add or change pages that I can keep it up-dated, and it is easy to make.

Goaty, next time we meet., I'll teach you how to use a ruler. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 16:27

promises promises... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine on Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 19:39

That's super, Nona.
Really lovely idea. Mr Green

I'm not a complete idiot...some pieces are missing!

Bags to Bling on Etsy
My Blog
My Tutorials
My Photography

Lorraine
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16016
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.lrdesigns.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 22 Apr 2009 - 22:17

I have to tell you about what happened tonight, before 'she' does... Twisted Evil .

As planned I took geri round to teabags so Teabags DH could see what Geri would like him to put together for her.

Anyway, Teabag started the evening in a very kind and generous way...note i say 'started' Rolling Eyes

She had been and bought some super pink card, cut two shimmery covers ready to make me a book like hers. All good so far????

Then she sat at the table with me and showed me how to cut the card to size, then she got Me to mark the two dots on each page, using her homemade template. These would form the marks to indicate where to hole punch. ok???? yep, i can do that...then she persuaded Geri to round some of the corners, but Geri didn't have the strength in her bad hand to do it, so Teabag kindly did it as i was doing the hole marks..

Teabag then punched holes on my superbly done marks on the first page.....then....she said 'oh no' she had boobed...none of those 37 pages needed ...flippin waste of my precious time...hmmmm, well it was ok till she burst out laughing, as i had just finished the lot....

Its the white pages which will need punching..not the coloured pages...GGGRRRRRRR. Evil or Very Mad We all had a good laugh over it, beforeI came home.... What a woman?????

Back to top Go down

Post by thriftycrafter on Wed 22 Apr 2009 - 22:27

That's friends for you eh?

What a great idea, not just an idea what a great job, mine's still under construction, awaiting spare time, maybe after the cj is done.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.

thriftycrafter
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 10506

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Apr 2009 - 9:48

A good job I'd only punched the 1 pink page. After school today I need your beautiful handwriting Goaty. I forgot to ask you last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 12:00

Thrifty, you would think i had done enough, but when 'the boss' (teabag) picked me up from work yesterday, she made me a cuppa, but only after i had cornered each page then after she had placed each strip of tape, i had to rub it over one strip at a time, pass it over foir next strip, rub that down and pass it back for third strip...my thumb was glowing by the end of 37 pages...all 'she' could do was laugh.... Very Happy friction causes heat, heat not good for goaty's cloven hoof (hand) but we had a good chinwag, put the world to rights....again.... Crying Laughin

She is such a harsh task master....i'm surprised she didn't have me there all night...

And she drove me around all the winding streets to get home, i use the long calm route..it felt like a car rally....and.....she is 'making me' go to the big craft warehouse again tomorrow morning... lol! what did i do to deserve her??????? perhaps she won't queue jump this time...but i doubt it very much.... cheers and she will 'make me' spend loads....again... clap Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 12:08

sp01goat wrote:Thrifty, you would think i had done enough, but when 'the boss' (teabag) picked me up from work yesterday, she made me a cuppa, but only after i had cornered each page then after she had placed each strip of tape, i had to rub it over one strip at a time, pass it over foir next strip, rub that down and pass it back for third strip...my thumb was glowing by the end of 37 pages...all 'she' could do was laugh.... Very Happy friction causes heat, heat not good for goaty's cloven hoof (hand)

She is such a harsh task master....i'm surprised she didn't have me there all night...

And she drove me around all the winding streets to get home, i use the long calm route..it felt like a car rally....and.....she is 'making me' go to the big craft warehouse again tomorrow morning... what did i do to deserve her??????? perhaps she won't queue jump this time...but i doubt it very much.... and she will 'make me' spend loads....again...

You don't know how lucky you are Suzy to have a crafty friend that you can
go to, or her come to you. I would love it. I know I have all my friends on here
but to actually sit down and craft with others would be heaven. Same for those
who go to crops. I'm quite happy doing my own thing, but it would be nice to
have someone to craft with once or twice a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 16:39

Goaty, who enveigled me into going to Colemans tomorrow? I was trying to be good.
Steph, I bet she'll spend more than me. Ha ha.
And I nearly phoned her to come back this afternoon to stick the pink front pages on her 'My Loonies Address' book that I have just finished making for her. I hope her thumb tingles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Apr 2009 - 18:19

'en' what? thats a flippin posh word for a friday.... lol!

Steph, but you might spend online..and we would never know..so thats cheating. Very Happy

Yeah, phoned me when i was at work, 'please can Suzy come home to play.....' that would have been right Crying Laughin

Back to top Go down

Post by kimb on Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 6:37

aaw steph !! if i lived nearer id come and sit and craft with you , maybe we should all get webcams and have a webcam cyber crop

kimb

Number of posts : 13216

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 9:29

sp01goat wrote:'
Steph, but you might spend online..and we would never know..so thats cheating. Very Happy

????Didn't understand this bit. Have I missed something ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 16:48

Steph I don't think you've missed anything 'cause Goaty knows I often buy stuff on-line.
But I was right about today she spent 4 more than me.
We both bought a 'Digital Scrapbook Artist' pack by Serif.
It looked very good as it was demonstrated and DH and I have used 'Serif' since version 1.

Kimb that sounds a nice idea a 'webcam cyber crop' but we couldn't enjoy a cuppa together. shame Bottle of Wine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 22:09

I'll be popping in in the next couple of days with the ATCs for April so will get to see the address book in person again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Apr 2009 - 22:16

See ya Celfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 19:52

aha, got here before she told you about the book she has finished making me, its pink and gorgeous...i woiuld have thought she would have put a photo of it up by now....you are slacking missus.

Sorry Stephe, i misread crop and thought you were saying yoiu hadn't been to a shop.... Very Happy deaf i am....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 21:02

Sorry Sue I saw it at lunchtime lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 8:10

oooh she says, stamping her hooves.... Very Happy

well its about time we synchronised our visits, or have ya fallen out with me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 9:34

Back to top Go down

Post by supergran on Mon 4 May 2009 - 13:05

What great books, longing to see what you do with each page.

supergran
Awesome Artist
Awesome Artist

Number of posts : 6673
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 0:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top